Le Pietre di Canossa is located in the middle of a historical,
art and culture area. It offer you both the possibility of enjoying
a perfect stay between the amenities of a beautiful natural landscape
and to be in the heart of cultural exhibitions and folk-happenings
that Enza Valley always provides.
Enjoy the visit of:
- The Castle of Canossa.
- The Castle of Rossena ( Info 0039 (0)522-242013/242009/511576)
- Matilda's medieval parade (Info Municipality of Canossa tel.
0039 (0)522/878111 - fax 878050)
- Tempietto del Petrarca
- Archeological site of Luceria Info tel. 0039 (0)522878143
- Votigno e la Casa del Tibet
- Reggio Emilia
For those who loves the amenities of the nature:
- Sentiero Matilde: 80km of pathways, from mule tracks
to paths already existent at the time of Matilda, touch the main
points of historical interest and gently descend towards the Tuscan
- Sentiero dei Ducati: - It intersects Sentiero Matilde,
passing through Casina, Carpineti and Toano, with deviations along
the ancient ducal boundaries - the dividing line between the Este
family's dominions and the land of the people of Parma.
- Campotrera Natural Reserve - Located in an extremely
important area from a geological viewpoint, it boasts volcanic
pillows that are still visible and a large variety of ophiolitic
And for gourmands
try the numberless typical dishes of the
area, which range from balsamic vinegar to Cappelletti, from Parmesan
cheese to ham, from the Erbazzone Reggiano to fried gnocchi, just
to mention a few, perfectly crowned by the excellent Lambrusco wine
produced in this land.